Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:34:11 +0100 (CET)

> So here are some of the issues I am coming up with producing the
> amalgamation:
>
> 1) Duplicate symbol name TBand_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c
>
> Solution is to rename one.

Yep.  Stuff from `ftgrays.c' and `ftraster.c' should have `gray_' and
`black_' as prefix, respectively.  Note that these two components are
somewhat special since you can use them separately, this is, outside
of FreeType.

> 2) Duplicate macro definitions: FLOOR, CEILING, TRUNC, SCALED in
>    ftraster.c and ftgrays.c
>
> I added these lines in both files, before the #define statements:
>
> #ifdef FLOOR
> #undef FLOOR
> #endif
> #ifdef CEILING
> #undef CEILING
> #endif
> #ifdef TRUNC
> #undef TRUNC
> #endif
> #ifdef SCALED
> #undef SCALED
> #endif

This looks OK.  BTW, it should be sufficient to say

  #undef FLOOR
  #undef CEILING
  #undef TRUNC
  #undef SCALED

> 3) Duplicate symbol name TWorker_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c
>
> Again the solution, rename one of them.

Yes, see above.

> 4) Macro conflict with RAS_ARG, RAS_ARGS, RAS_VAR, RAS_VARS,
> RAS_VAR_, RAS_ARG_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c
>
> Solution is to #ifdef / #undef these macros before they are
> redefined.

I rather prefer renaming as above.

> 5) Duplicate symbol TRaster_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c
>
> Solution is to rename one.

Yes.

> This is what I mean by "cosmetic" changes.  It looks like ftgrays.c
> was born as a copy of the file ftraster.c and modified
> appropriately, thus the duplicate symbol names.

Indeed.  Can you provide patches, splitting the discussed issues into
logical change sets so that I can easily add them to the git
repository?  I suppose that you have git support installed...  And can
you provide proper ChangeLog entries also (following the format given
in this file)?