Re: [ft-devel] Another question

From: Evers, David
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Another question
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:55:07 +0000

Hi Werner,

You had helped me before on a question regarding our embedding ttf files, see
below.
I have another issue, this one a little esoteric.
We need to re-gen the ttf file and create a unique CMAP table in order to be
backwards compatible.
This new CMAP will support only 256 chars in an extended-ASCII form.
I created the utility to re-gen the ttf and wanted to use an Apple MAC format
CMAP tabe since it is simple in nature and fits our requirements exactly.
For whatever reason, freetype seems to be looking for a unicode CMAP only and
ignores mine with Platform=1.
We can modify the code to accept it and everything runs fine.
However, would like to use freetype with mods for future enhancements.
I have modified the OS2 rec and set the range to 0x03 and the min and max char.
Is there some other ttf file data I am over-looking that will appease freetype ?
Font-Lab will read in the re-gen'ed file just fine.

Thank you,
David C. Evers