[ft-devel] Seams with disjoint composite

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: [ft-devel] Seams with disjoint composite
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:53:05 -0400

Hi,

I was playing with Unicode box characters, and noticed that DejaVu Sans
creates the glyph for ▟ out of three quadrant boxes.  At different sizes I can
see very noticeable seams where the sub-glyphs meet.  I thought FreeType would
handle these cases better, but seems like I'm wrong.  Any ideas?  Does
FreeType combine all contours together and rasterize them in one pass, or
raster them separately and combine?

Cheers,
behdad