Re: [ft-devel] Unable to load OpenType font (test case + font attached)

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Unable to load OpenType font (test case + font attached)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:51:50 -0500

HR>  The font was extracted by dumping the stream with 'peepdf'.

HR>  The PDF is available at: http://derp.ltd.uk/borked-font.pdf

I was curious whether the font was embedded into the sfnt by the
extractor, but it was not.  It already claims to be an OTTO in
the pdf.

But the pdf itself was create by pdftk(1), presumably from some
other pdf.

So now I wonder whether the font got mutilated in translation?
(As it were.)

Do you have the original pdf?  If so, does the original pdf work?
What software generated the original?

Knowing from where it came might be instructive.

Or might just be a rabbit hole.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6