Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:46:48 -0500

I> I'm unable to duplicate the first issue you mentioned, regarding the
I> B/W text.  When I run ftview as you stated, and hit 'a', the result is
I> the same as your first picture, with the well-hinted monochrome
I> characters.  So, something must be different between our builds.  I
I> imagine that fontconfig settings should have no effect on ftview.

This is weird.  I'm testing it with my system install, which looks to
be rev 65d6572105c0.  I compile with a patch which attempts to force
FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT.  But perhaps only attempts.  :-/

I see good results in ftview unless I turn on forced autohinting, then
some of the stems are one pixel wider than the majority of the stems.

So, try hitting f to duplicate.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6