Re: [ft-devel] vertBearingY of CFF glyphs is always unscaled

From: Khaled Hosny
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] vertBearingY of CFF glyphs is always unscaled
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 23:59:16 +0200

I had an issue with vertical text layout in HarfBuzz, in short we have
the calculation:

        y = metrics.horiBearingY - (-metrics.vertBearingY)

and since horiBearingY is scaled with font size while vertBearingY is
not, the result was completely wrong resulting in misplaced glyphs (it
was "mysterious because it affected only glyphs where the value of this
calculation was used, and the degree of misplacement changes with font
size).

Regards,
Khaled