[ft-devel] Adobe CFF hinter for type 1 fonts

From: Ross Lagerwall
Subject: [ft-devel] Adobe CFF hinter for type 1 fonts
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 22:53:29 +0100

As far as I understand, both Type 1 fonts and CFF use the same or
similar rendering.

Would it be possible to use the new Adobe engine for type 1 fonts?
The are currently quite a few bugs open about the rendering quality of
type 1 fonts and I've noticed poor hinting with the ghostscript fonts.

The other alternative would be to convert them from type 1 to otf CFF
but having freetype render them nicely would be better :-)

--
Ross Lagerwall