Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:06:40 +0100 (CET)

[Infinality, please read that!  I need your help.]

> Just resending - I think this may have 'fallen through the crack'
> when you were attending a course in mid-August.

Thanks :-)

>> doesn't load:
>> http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/ports/distfiles/zh-wangttf/WCL-02.ttf

For me, this works just fine with the current version of git.  Can you
be more specific what problems you encounter?

>> Three fonts which seems to only work correctly at specific sizes:
>> (try ftview and go up and down in size):
>>

>> Shipped with Mac OS X:
>>   Library/Fonts/AppleMyungjo.ttf

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac, so I can't test this.

>> These are reference fonts from the HK government:
>> http://www.ogcio.gov.hk/tc/business/tech_promotion/ccli/terms/doc/HKSCSIIC.TTF
>> http://www.ogcio.gov.hk/tc/business/tech_promotion/ccli/terms/doc/IICore.TTF
>>
>> The last two don't really work correctly for every glyph even at
>> the designed sizes. Some glyphs look broken even at the designed
>> sizes.

The fonts are buggy, since the `maxSizeOfInstructions' field in the
`maxp' table is set to zero...  Fixed now in git.

However, it produces bad results if subpixel hinting is activated.
Infinality, can you fix that?