Re: [ft-devel] LFS support in builds/unix/ftsystem.c

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] LFS support in builds/unix/ftsystem.c
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:21:02 +0100 (CET)

> Its been a while since I've fought with LFS issues and had thought
> them a thing of the past... let me know if there is an approved way
> to add this fix to freetype.

It would be great if you find some time to work on this.  I must admit
that I know the LFS acronym, but that's it :-)

For FreeType's Unix support, I suggest the following route:

  . Use the `AC_SYS_LARGEFILE' autoconf macro (in `configure.raw') to
    get the necessary compiler flags and macro definitions.

  . Use the `_LARGE_FILES' and `_FILE_OFFSET_BITS' macros (defined by
    `AC_SYS_LARGEFILE') where necessary to add new code.

Ideally, I would like to have a generic solution (cf. the
`FT_SIZEOF_INT' stuff in `ftconfig.h'), but I guess that this is not
possible due to the need of setting compiler flags for LFS support...