Re: [ft-devel] Cleaning up include paths

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Cleaning up include paths
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:15:41 -0500

I have wanted to reply to this, but proper reply is very lengthy so it has
been sitting in my inbox.  And now I truly regret not having replied before
you made the release.

On 13-11-13 03:19 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I like to suggest that ft2build.h be moved inside
>> ${includedir}/freetype2 also and freetype2.pc / freetype-config be
>> updated accordingly.
>
> I've done this now – and even more.  From the ChangeLog:
>
>       Simplify header file hierarchy.
>
>       This large patch changes the header file directory layout from
>       `include/freetype/...' to `include/...', effectively removing

This is actually more problematic. :(  Basically you have undone what I was
suggesting.  What I was suggesting was to move ft2build.h out of /usr/include
exactly so all freetype headers will be in a freetype-private include dir
(/usr/include/freetype2).  It's the "private" part in that sentence that is
key.  It would make sure that freetype headers will be picked up exactly from
where the pkg-config file says, not from whatever prefix happens to be first
in the header search order.  Does it make sense?

behdad

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/