[ft-devel] Multicolor fonts in browsers

From: Roel N
Subject: [ft-devel] Multicolor fonts in browsers
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:20:33 +0200

Hello,

I'm Roel Nieskens, front-end dev from the Netherlands and a lurker in
this list — this is my first mail. I have been reading a lot related
to color fonts, and tried to summarize what I learned in a post on my
site:

http://www.pixelambacht.nl/2014/multicolor-fonts/

It's mainly focussed on the new color font formats and support in
browsers. It includes a test page where a font for each of the four
proposals is included (SVG, CBDT/CBLC, COLR/CPAL and SBIX). This way
you can check your browser for support. A direct link to the test is
http://www.pixelambacht.nl/demo/color-font-test.html

If you're interested in the subject of color fonts, and feel like
taking a look, I'd love some feedback. Especially if I made any
technical mistakes or if you know more about upcoming browser support
:)

Thanks,
-Roel Nieskens