[ft-devel] __STDC__ disables 64-bit long

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] __STDC__ disables 64-bit long
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:33:56 -0400

Under linux on x86_64, the long type is 8 bits. Why do we disable FT_LONG64?

  /* A 64-bit data type will create compilation problems if you compile    */
  /* in strict ANSI mode.  To avoid them, we disable its use if __STDC__   */
  /* is defined.  You can however ignore this rule by defining the         */
  /* FT_CONFIG_OPTION_FORCE_INT64 configuration macro.                     */

What kind of compilation problem would the long type cause?