[ft-devel] FTLicense Clarifications

From: Jonathan Reyes
Subject: [ft-devel] FTLicense Clarifications
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 11:38:46 +0900

Hi FreeType Developers,

Good day!

I am writing to you guys to clarify some matters related to giving credits to your team. We plan to use the FreeType License(FTL.txt) Let me start by stating the conditions in which your software will be used.

1. Only FreeType libraries will be redistributed, sources will not be included.

2. Our customers, which are developers, will have to link against those FreeType libraries.

3. The products that our customers will be creating will be sold to their own customers.

These are the following things that I understand we should do to conform with FTL.

1. Include the FTL.txt

2. Include the Copyright

3. Include a disclaimer

I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions for us.

1. Including the FTL.txt file in our distribution package to our customers will satisfy 1 and 2 above. Is that correct?

2. When our customers link against FreeType libraries to create their own products, do they have to satisfy the requirements of the FTL? More specifically, do our customers have to include the FTL txt, copyright notice and disclaimer in their products (their possible products are game software such as software for playstation, Wii, or apps for smart phone etc.)?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much

Best regards,

Jonathan Reyes