Re: [ft-devel] More fuzzing for freetype2?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] More fuzzing for freetype2?
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:50:30 +0200 (CEST)

> Correct.  Although the interface between libFuzzer and the fuzzer
> implementation is pure C, so the fuzzer may be written in C.

I don't mind `mild' C++, which can be sometimes more readable than C
code.

> I've modified the bot to use freetype2/src/tools/ftfuzzer/*cc,
> working as expected.

Thanks.  Please add a README to the `ftfuzzer' directory, explaining
the setup and linking to the relevant sites.

>>> The current function used for the fuzzer doesn't cover GX stuff at
>>> all.
>
> So, now any of you can add that "GX stuff" to
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/diff/src/tools/ftfuzzer/ftfuzzer.cc
> Please do!

Will do, hopefully within a few days.  In case someone wants to beat
me: Sample code for generic GX access is in the `ftmulti' demo
program.  Support for named GX instances accessed via face indices can
also be found in `ftview'.

>> Is it OK if I add the default FreeType license stuff?
> Sure.

OK, will add this also.