Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction demo images

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction demo images
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:41:49 -0700

On 10/28/2015 5:57 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 15-10-27 08:25 PM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov
<address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Nikolaus Waxweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
The world needs more linear alpha blending and gamma correction. Spread the
gospel!
What would be best default value though?
Attached is a much better image to calibrate you gamma correction. You
Excellent!

do not need any additional software, just look where the moiré pattern
vanishes. On 5 displays in my disposal today I got values ranging from
1.6 to 2.4.

Please reply with your value for survey purposes.
On Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 3 retina I get 1.6.

Nice test pattern.

Please keep in mind that LCD displays have a dependency on viewing angle. This
depends on the LCD technology and tends to be greater with higher resolution
displays. This can cause the region of least pattern on Alexei's image to
follow a slanted line from top to bottom. You should try to report the values
at the angles you use most.

-Dave