Re: [ft-devel] rendering mode of Firefox on Windows 10

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] rendering mode of Firefox on Windows 10
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 19:23:26 +0100

Firefox defaults to GDI-style rendering for a handful of TrueType fonts. The first thing I do when I set up a new Firefox instance on Windows or fiddling with other people's computers when they aren't looking is setting

gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.force_gdi_classic_for_families = ""

Meaning, to an empty list. That triggers DirectWrite-style rendering for all fonts. Maybe that's what you stumbled over? Or did you test rasterinfo.html in Browserstack? Firefox Developer Edition on my Windows 10 installation shows bytecode interpreter version 40.