[ft-devel] State of TrueType interpreter v38 and up?

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: [ft-devel] State of TrueType interpreter v38 and up?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:07:44 +0100

Hey,
so I was wondering what work exactly is left to support TT interpreter v38 and up? I'm interested in adding native ClearType to the definition of slight and Jan says, we need v38 and up for that. If I remember correctly, that is what Infinality set out to do and Behdad mentioned that it's slow. How far did the integration go? What work remains? Are there fundamental problems? I reckon my stem darkening work will have to wait until the TrueType driver can do native Y-only-hinting..

Regards,
Nikolaus :)