Re: [ft-devel] Builind for windows Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 131, I

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Builind for windows Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 131, Issue 16
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 16:27:06 +0000 (UTC)

What is the exact message for the unresolved symbol?

It might be an obvious question, but you know that there are
different versions of the window platform SDKs, right? I have win 7,
and there is a win 7.1, and the two are different. The platform SDKs are
separate downloads from visual studio express. - sorry I am a cheap skate and
I only have vs express, but I suppose the paid visual studio would auto-install
the platform SDK for the current OS you are on, and maybe not anything else.
You may need to install an earlier platform SDK in addition.

going dlltool with mingw/msys/cygwin might be better if you have multiple
versions of windows to support, as they tend to support the
oldest...

Good luck.

Hin-Tak