Re: [ft-devel] [ftgrid] Display rendered bitmap (new feature).

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ftgrid] Display rendered bitmap (new feature).
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 22:46:01 -0500

Nikolaus,

The rounding is done here
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/src/autofit/afloader.c#n447
Why do you think it is wrong? I tried disabling this rounding if LIGHT
which did not change text rendering because bitmaps are placed at
pixels, i.e., rounding is done anyway taking into account the advance
together with rsb_ and lsb_deltas. Do you suggest that this rounding
is dubious? Well, perhaps. I'll let Werner to weigh in.

Alexei