Re: [ft-devel] Turning off stem darkening by default until all drivers s

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Turning off stem darkening by default until all drivers support it?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 20:43:10 +0200

I recommend against that, as it makes the FT_Library non-threadsafe.  I hvae
plans to replace SetLcdFilter with bits in the load_flags to make FT_Library
fully threadsafe eventually.

Any progress on this front? I'd like to tinker with an emboldening property so at least Qt and Skia can use it at some point and start rendering fonts properly :)