Re: [ft-devel] fontconfig (Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows)

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] fontconfig (Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 15:14:29 -0400

> As for 2.6.4, it will be surprising (and already did...) to some users that a
> x.x.3 ->x.x.4 minor upgrade causes visibly noticeable and substantial changes
> to their desktops. Indeed it should be called 2.7.0.

I hate this argument so deeply! I do not know a single distribution
that updates FreeType between their major releases. Most distribution
still ship very old version. I do not understand the fear of "look
different". Yeah, some people do not clean their houses because it
will look different. I do not care about such people. Complaining
about different is trolling.