Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 11:04:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 7/8/16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It
 appears that the apple font edior of that era, RoyalT, is
 capable
 > of manipulating the
 GETVARIATION and GETDATA instructions.

> Interesting.  It would be definitely worth to
 get this program
 running!

> Isn't there any emulator
 for an 68k Mac machine?

Indeed. I tried Ardi Executor which does late System 6 and early System 7.
I used it happily before for running some old System 7 software that work
colleagues used,
like Adobe Photoshop etc (yes, before the age of Gimp!) with success a long
time ago.

The 68k RoyalT complains Executor is not sufficient. It looks like the last of
68k RoyalT needs System 7.5 or above (this is when GX was introduced anyway).
And the first of PPC RoyalT does not run beyond System 8.5. System 7.5 to 8.5
is unfortunately quite a small range.

I wonder if the Classic version of AAT editor supports GETDATA . That's System
9 onwards, but I have not been able to find a binary. Alexei is more savy with
internet search engines and may be able to help ?:-).