Re: [ft-devel] Stem darkening toggling API

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Stem darkening toggling API
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 19:44:33 +0100

Does it make sense to be able to adjust 1 per face?

I don't think so, at least not for CFF.  The stem darkening parameters
are *really* a global option, aren't they?

Hm, yeah. As long as we get an accurate standard width/height I guess.

By the way, I'm currently trying to refactor afloader.c a bit, I think breaking out the stem darkening computation and the parameters into their own module is next. That would make it easier to experiment with the computation function and e.g. implement the simpler curve Alexei proposed some time back.

I'm somewhat unhappy that this would be another property setter
besides FT_Property_Set, though.

Why?  I can imagine different situations where different levels are
necessary to control rendering.

I mean this in the sense of "yet another function to set properties on something". It would be nice to have one function like FT_Property_Set to set various things on various things.