Re: [ft-devel] Warnings with -Wcast-qual, -Wcast-align and -Wunused-para

From: Hedges Alexander
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Warnings with -Wcast-qual, -Wcast-align and -Wunused-parameter enabled
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:25:16 +0000

On 26 Mar 2017, at 18:02, Nikolaus Waxweiler <address@hidden> wrote:

I’m currently trying to write a BSD makefile for FreeType in order to compile it into the kernel.

Not sure about the warnings, but what exactly are you trying to do there?
In order to compile a library with the kernel it needs a makefile which bsd-make can work with.
Since the provided one only works with gmake, I’m trying to write one that works for bsd-make (pmake, I believe it is called).
FreeBSD provides template includes for libraries so I’m trying to use these. Note that I only need it to work for one specific build configuration and platform so it doesn’t need all the generality and complexity of the original makefile.