Re: [ft-devel] goodbye and thank you

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] goodbye and thank you
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 09:18:50 -0400

Thanks for the kind note Graham! I love these bits of history :))

On May 24, 2017 6:33 AM, "Graham Asher" <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm now leaving the FreeType development mailing list. My product, CartoType, still relies on FreeType for its typography and will always do so, but I can no longer keep up with the discussions and new versions; I haven't got time, and I haven't contributed any changes or suggestions for a long while. I have been using FreeType since about 1998, when I was working for Symbian Ltd., and my claim to fame (well, not fame exactly, but a very small part of history) is that I introduced scalable vector fonts to two operating systems, Symbian and Blackberry OS, both sadly no longer with us, and used FreeType to achieve that.

Thanks to David Turner and Werner Lemberg and everyone else for creating and improving FreeType over so many years.

Best wishes,

Graham

--
Graham Asher