Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Visualizing/organizing different rendering modes

From: k kushal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Visualizing/organizing different rendering modes
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:29:05 +0530

Please define `heavy'.
The page is taking some time to load.
The idea is that there is a command
  make baseline-diff
(or something similar) that automatically generates all images,
together with one or more HTML pages that show them.  If this takes
some time, I don't care too much
Sure, Will do this.
Hehe :-)  s/compassion/comparison/
Auto-correct to blame :-)

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've pushed the functions to stitch the PNG(s) and add effects and
> also written the code for the list view in the HTML page.  (Using
> dynamic linking) (Rather than stitching PNG(s) together, I am
> directly producing sprite sheets.  AFAICS, there is no need for the
> individual PNG(s).)

I've seen that already, thanks!

> While testing the list-view page, it becomes pretty heavy to display
> all the images.

Please define `heavy'.

The idea is that there is a command

  make baseline-diff

(or something similar) that automatically generates all images,
together with one or more HTML pages that show them.  If this takes
some time, I don't care too much.

It's up to Arvinder (and you) to find good visualization solutions...

> I don't think it's useful to display the images.  Do we need to
> display the images?

I think yes, at least for the most glaring differences.

> Instead, we can list using
>  *Glyph Index
>  *Amount of Difference
>  *Unicode

As I told Arvinder: It should be configurable, and only real data will
eventually give us enough experience to find good decisions here.

> Also displaying the hash values if necessary.

Only on demand, I think.

> I am in the process of making the Page for the detailed compassion
> page.

Hehe :-)  s/compassion/comparison/

> Will push the list-view page and sprite-sheet making code ASAP.

Thanks.