Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Difference in Glyph Dimensions

From: k kushal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Difference in Glyph Dimensions
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 08:27:15 +0530

On Jul 18, 2017 03:38, "Arvinder Bhathal" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it a bad Idea to do this (adding rows / columns )?
I was wondering the same when I came across these similar but
different-sized glyphs. I think if glyph A is the same as A' except A'
has a column of empty pixels inserted to the left of the actual glyph,
A and A' will be visually different if rendered, for example, as part
of a sentence.
Yeah l that's what happening. Although, this might not be the only case. There maybe glyphs which have differences in dimension(s) as well as some other pixels.
 I think we should keep the glyphs intact for the
comparison metric and image difference picture. However, I agree for
the sprites, maybe we can add the padding after making the diff
images.
Diff image ?
Also, you mentioned this in a different email but the initial load of
the view indeed hangs for a few seconds with only one font and gets
worse with different modes and more fonts. I've been trying to get the
page to load entries on demand and will be posting results shortly.
One solution is that we can stick to only one render-mode per execution. And also, the loading of entries seems to be slow on some browser (s) but not on others. ( in FireFox it's fast ). Please review the list-view webpage I posted.
Thank you.