Re: [ft-devel] problems with `kushal-work' branch

From: Kushal K S V S
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] problems with `kushal-work' branch
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 11:57:09 +0530

$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 4.4.0-87-generic #110-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 18 12:55:35 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Kushal K S V S <address@hidden> wrote:
What GNU/Linux distribution are you using?  Most distros come with a
32bit and 64bit version; however, the former is going extinct almost
everywhere today.
I am using a 64-bit Ubuntu in a Virtual Machine on a Mac.
Be inventive :-)  I suggest that you use names not too different from
the strings used in `ftview.c', for example.
Ok.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> How to build the FreeType library in 64-bit?

If you are on a 64bit platform (i.e., using a computer that isn't much
older than five years or so), this should be done automatically.
Otherwise, you have to install a cross compiler.

> I've applied the above patch but there is no lib64/ directory.

What GNU/Linux distribution are you using?  Most distros come with a
32bit and 64bit version; however, the former is going extinct almost
everywhere today.

>>  Rendering modes should be names, not numbers – please adjust your
>>  `sprite' program accordingly.
>
> What should be the names for the LCD rendering modes ?

Be inventive :-)  I suggest that you use names not too different from
the strings used in `ftview.c', for example.

    Werner

PS: Any results regarding the comparison of my log file with your
    setup?  I would *really* like to see generated images...