Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:10:24 +0800

> Ewald, are you using freetype2-demos/bin/* wrapper scripts? They
> supposed to LD_PRELOAD from the neighboring freetype2/objs/.libs
> folder. Even standard (not devel) build works for me like this.

Hm... when I used those, callgrind seemed to be unable to capture the
process, grabbing statistics for bash, libc, etc instead. Strangely it
captures around 5 or 6 processes. I then switched to using
freetype2-demos/bin/.libs/* which were captured properly and only
produced one output file.

> By the way, there is this outstanding bug
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?43248. Perhaps you can profile the
> engine and post the details.

Yes, that is the bug I am referencing here.

Ewald