[ft-devel] compiling freetype with clang?

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] compiling freetype with clang?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 01:23:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I feel like I am missing something obvious.

./configure CC=clang
checking for gcc... clang
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/Hin-Tak/git-others/freetype2/builds/unix':
See `config.log' for more details
make: *** [builds/unix/detect.mk:85: setup] Error 77

I know I have gcc :-). I just want to get comfortable with native clang before
I use cross clang.
Surely there are systems out there where the system compiler is clang and can
build freetype quite routinely?
I think I am missing something obvious or too late at night...