Re: [ft-devel] various Type 1 -> CFF issues

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] various Type 1 -> CFF issues
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 22:10:11 +0200 (CEST)

> All done.  Attached patches that separate the advance width
> function, adds the config macro, and adds the property service for
> `type1' and `cid'.

Excellent, thanks!  Please proceed.

I have a minor nit:

  * Please make T1_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_ENGINE active for a
    `devel/ftoption.h'.

and something for a wishlist:

  * We now have a lot of code duplication for handling properties.  It
    probably makes sense to isolate the common code within auxiliary
    functions, to be put into a new file in `base' so that it is
    available for all modules.  [This is nothing urgent, though.]

> I did a quick hack in `ftview' for testing, seems to work fine but
> needs cleaning up before I can provide the patch for the demos to
> support hinting engine cycling for Type 1 fonts.

OK.