Re: [ft-devel] New FreeType release within a week

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New FreeType release within a week
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 20:52:56 +0800

> Yes, sounds sensible, thanks.  Could you do a sweep over all Type 1
> fonts from TeXLive just to be sure?  I guess this is the most
> important repository of PFB files that is still in use.

After increasing the limit to 360, out of 6802 fonts tested in
TeXLive, 53 fonts still failed, down from 731.

The largest number of hints is 4111 (!). Attached is the output for all
fonts still with rejected glyphs.

It's definitely not practical to increase the limit so much; I'm
thinking that this is good enough for now. I'll work on getting it
fixed up in the way as mentioned previously.

Ewald