Re: [ft-devel] LD version script

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] LD version script
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:30:12 -0800

I want to hear from downstreams that want to add symbol-versioning to FreeType first, why do they need to.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Tom Kacvinsky <address@hidden> wrote:
You raise a fair point.  The point I was trying to make, and perhaps I didn't make it clear enough
what I was after, is this: suppose some downstream maintainer decides to add symbol versions.
Wouldn't it be nice if we already had that so there is no mess between how one Linux distribution
does it versus another?  Granted, there still might be a mess, but we can mitigate the hassle.

And, now for another idiom:  that's just my two cents.

Regards,

Tom