Re: [ft-devel] Questions related to current Documentation (and changes)

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Questions related to current Documentation (and changes)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 20:31:03 +0800

Hi all.

>   3. Call `make markdown' (or something similar) to create markdown
>      files that I can copy to the freetype-web repository.  Within the
>      freetype-web repository I then want to say `make web' to get
>      nicely formatted HTML that is integrated into the FreeType
>      website.
>
> I'm not sure whether step 3 is necessary – right now, I simply copy
> the HTML pages created by docmaker to the freetype-web repository...

I'd say we do need that last step - this is to support authoring pages
outside of the API reference too, e.g. "The Design of FreeType" pages.
The discussion last year was to support creating new pages in markdown
and have them automatically merged into the website complete with
navigation, etc. Updating these manually is tedious and I'd be a lot
more inclined to write a few more user guides / tutorials if this
system comes into place :)

Ewald