Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on S

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on Solaris x64
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 12:37:45 -0400

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:15 PM, suzuki toshiya
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But, basically, current problem is because of different
> switching of visibility control.

Yes. I think you patch is near perfect. I am not sure if we need to
check for -xldscope=hidden given that -fvisiiblity=hidden probably
works with __global.
Right now Solaris cc will get both -xldscope=hidden and
-fvisibility=hidden, which is redundant but fine.

In an ideal world, libtool should do it all. I did reach out to them
asking to implement special LT_INIT(elf-hidden)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2018-02/msg00011.html
They basically refused for the reason of being lazy.

> there are so many gcc-specific features, so making non-gcc
> compilers pretend as if it were gcc is too drastic solution.

Yes. I withdraw the -D__GNUC__ proposal. I agree with using native
__global though.