Re: [ft-devel] Updates for GF driver.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Updates for GF driver.
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 12:25:40 +0200 (CEST)

>>   In general, labels are outdented by two spaces.
>> [...]
>> * There are still some tab characters in the source code...
>
> Looking at this and previous formatting related discussions on the
> mailing list, I believe we should have a separate code formatting
> guide for developers :-)

Well, replacing tabs with spaces is not really `formatting'.  It's
rather a simple search and replace, followed by switching off the use
of tabs in the editor.

If I contribute source code to another project, I simply look up
similar code already existing there, then following as close as
possible.  This isn't really rocket science, and I don't understand
why so many people have difficulties with the simpler formatting
cases...  Probably a lack of mental flexibility?  Or maybe `my coding
style is the best and the only one that is right, and I don't care
what others do'?