Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:42:33 +0530

> I have added the code to my branch `parthw-wip`.

OK, but...

> Kindly check the output.

... please describe what you expect (using code lines), and what you
get.

When the gf driver enters the gf_load_font in gflib.c, if we use  stream->descriptor.pointer to get the file pointer and comment out the fopen I get a segmentation fault. And if the fopen is used it works fine.

Like here:
    FT_FILE *fp = (FT_FILE*)stream->descriptor.pointer ;/* Errors with STREAM_FILE( stream )
    stream->descriptor.pointer is not allocating the file pointer properly*/

    char* st =  (char*)stream->pathname.pointer;
    fp=fopen(st,"rb");