[ft-devel] Bad index layout in API documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Bad index layout in API documentation
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:28:42 +0200 (CEST)

Nikhil,

have a look at the attached image of

  https://www.dxdy.ooo/freetype-web-jekyll/docs/reference/ft2-index/

This is with Chrome 67 on my GNU/Linux box at a size of 100%.

It seems that you have to change from three columns to two.  Or maybe
only one column?  And a navigation help for starting letters `A', `B',
`C', etc.?

There is another problem with the index sort: Right now,
`fallback-script' comes after `FTC_ScalerRec', this is, uppercase
letters are sorted before lowercase.  I consider this unfortunate,
since this is not the sorting I expect.  Can you implement something
like a simplified Unicode collation algorithm
(cf. http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/), e.g.,

      Level  Description      Examples
      L1     Base characters  role < roles < rule
      L2     Accents          role < rôle < roles
      L3     Case/Variants    role < Role < rôle
      L4     Punctuation      role < “role” < Role

as shown in TR10?

    Werner

PNG image