Re: [ft-devel] FontVal changes and the next set of test results of libre

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FontVal changes and the next set of test results of libre fonts
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:14:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

This is a follow-up to my earlier message below.

For easier reading by individual font owners/maintainers, the test result are
now unpacked under :

https://github.com/HinTak/FontVal-Tests-at-10pt

with the exact file system hierarchy as the font files themselves as on the
corresponding Linux distribution, with a leading "/usr/share" removed.

There are currently two branches, "fedora" and "ubuntu". The fedora branch
contains also the past annual-ish testing results. This allow easier checking
of both changes/improvements of libre fonts, as well as regression in FontVal
itself.

At the bottom of the fedora branch is the FontVal 1.0 test result around 2016
October on Fedora (24). At some point differences between that and the current
2.x (I.e. FreeType) backend needs to be looked at and documented as bugs of old
legacy backend, regression of new, or simply differences between Microsoft
rendering and jFreeType. That will be a large undertaking.

The commit dates are meaningless at the moment, though luckily the reports
themselves say when they were generated.

I'll add a readme wiki at some point.

Please spread the news to font owners/maintainers.