Re: [ft-devel] Documentation guidelines file

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Documentation guidelines file
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 19:39:32 +0200 (CEST)

>> Ah, this is a slight issue I'm not happy yet in the docs.  I think
>> this should rather be
>>
>>   /****** ...
>>    * ...
>>    *   Uses `a` to meep `b`.
>>    * ...
>>    */
>>
>> In general, address@hidden' should also use a typewriter face if it links to
>> C stuff like address@hidden' or address@hidden'.  Nikhil, any chance to
>> adjust
>> `docwriter' accordingly?  For 'a' vs. `a`, we probably have to walk
>> manually over all header files.

>> This somehow slipped my attention, sorry.
>
> I'm not sure what cases this covers. Can you provide an example?

For example, look at

https://www.dxdy.ooo/freetype-web-jekyll/docs/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#ft_charmap

The links `FT_Get_Char_Index' or `FT_Load_Char' point to functions
(i.e., defined with address@hidden:' and should thus be displayed with
<code>...</code>.

BTW, I see

  face-
  >num_charmaps

i.e., a line break after the `-' (within <code>...</code>).  This is
bad.  Can this be fixed in CSS?