Re: [ft-devel] Prototypes of memory debugging routines on WIN64

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Prototypes of memory debugging routines on WIN64
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 06:15:08 +0200 (CEST)

>> Looks good!  Provided we can use it without breaking the ABI, please
>> proceed.
>
> The ABI checker report is attached. The change is noticed but
> permitted, I think.

Good, thanks.

> I was checking on LP64, where sizes of long and size_t match. They
> do not match on LLP64, which we are actually trying to fix.

Hmm.  I can't evaluate the impact of the change.  What about mingw and
friends, what about VisualStudio?  Hin-Tak?  Other opinions?

> Should proceed with the patch?

Yes, I think.  If really necessary we could use a configuration option
to hide the change, using a macro `SIZE_T', for example.

> In addition I wonder if the entire ftdbgmem.c should be reworked
> with size_t instead of FT_Long.

Using `size_t' makes sense, yes.