Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf vie

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf viewers)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 00:02:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Just recapping -
http://htl10.users.sf.net/FontVal-x.pdf -

The rendering issue with page 1 is GUI/QT only and does not affect topng. I double-checked the glyph positioning issue with page 2 and 3 with the 32-bit binary on your web site too - that should rule out any issue from local customization. Oh, I tried okular too - it uses libpoppler which was derived from xpdf - and okular uses QT too but is not affected as far as page 1 is concerned.

If the Artifex folks are listening - I tried building the latest mupdf from git and git module update --init - that's basically static linking every library from an Artifex tagged preferred/unmodified version . Page 2 and 3 's glyph positioning problem is seen there too (and other viewers on Linux, including acroread 9.5). So I'll file a bug with Artifex at some point.

I guess I'll give windows acrobat reader on wine on Linux at some point, and try mupdf on my android phone too...