Re: [ft-devel] [ftstring] Text carpating and waterfall

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ftstring] Text carpating and waterfall
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 10:38:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Alexei!

> I finished text carpeting and waterfall modes in ftstring, keys '2'
> and '3' respectively. The goal is to remove these modes from ftview
> so that it becomes purely about font content and rendering, whereas
> ftstring demonstrates rudimentary layout features including kerning.

Nice!  Somme comments.

* I suggest to give the two small horizontal `shoot' lines in
  waterfall mode a colour.

* ftstring fails with `Ambrosia.otb' (attached); it sometimes ends up
  in an endless loop.

* It would be nice if there was a possibility to switch off automatic
  size delta selection in waterfall mode (perhaps an additional mode).