Re: [ft-devel] color framework

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] color framework
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 10:46:20 -0500

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 7:55 AM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:
> All I'm asking is, if FT_LOAD_COLOR is passed to FT_Load_Glyph() then color bitmap be rendered.   How it trickles down the abstractions and machinery into render, you can change.

You object to explicit spelling FT_LOAD_COLOR | FT_LOAD_TARGET_BGRA |
FT_LOAD_RENDER. Otherwise, you understand the issue. I think the
explicit language makes code clearer.

Yes, I object to that.  Because then upgrading FreeType without upgrading cairo will break color emoji.  We have had enough headaches re getting color emoji to work on Linux already... It has just recently started to Just Work.  I'm against breaking it in that way.  But I leave it to Werner.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/