Re: [ft-devel] what FT_Color

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] what FT_Color
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 22:01:05 -0800

Skia has been rendering color fonts to billions of devices for over five years now, based on existing FreeType.  Patches existed for cairo for the same time and were finally integrated last year.  This idea that something big in FreeType has happened re color recently sounds detached from reality of FreeType clients IMO. Specifically I advise against adding features without having potential major users first.