[ft-devel] FT_Get_Char_Index() does not work with Windings font

From: Satz Klauer
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_Get_Char_Index() does not work with Windings font
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:26:46 +0100

Hi,

I have an application which works well and properly converts TTF
fonts. But now I found there is one exception: the Windings-font. When
I apply e.g. the Unicode-Representation 0x4100 for "A" to
FT_Get_Char_Index() with a "normal" font, the function returns a valid
glyph-index (e.g. 36).

But when I hand over the same 0x4100/"A" to FT_Get_Char_Index() when
Windings-font is used, the function always returns 0 and the resulting
vectors are just a caret. The same is true for all other letters.

When I try "A" e.g. in Libreoffice with Windings-font, a valid symbol is shown.

So...any idea what is special with this font? What do I have to do to
get the same symbols as they are shown e.G. in Libreoffice?

Thanks!