Thanks for the earlier reply.
So, I was looking through the current features in ftinspect and have a few questions regarding the same.
* The gamma slider doesn't actually affect the glyphs in ftinspect. Is that right?
* So there is a thread mentioning ftdump functionality in ftinspect with the patch attached but I don't think that it's been used. Any specific reasons?
* Does ftbench specifically needs GUIfication? Since it measures the performance of common FreeType operations.
* What about ttdebug? Should that be considered for the GUIfication? If yes, won't it limit the features for other demo programs within the given GSoC timeframe?
* I think GUI tools like ftstring, ftmulti or ftview could be combined under the same unified UI with all the options. What do you think?
Also, I started working on my proposal and would appreciate any suggestions you and other project members might have.