Re: [ft-devel] Shared libfreetype.so with ccmake

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Shared libfreetype.so with ccmake
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 12:50:33 +0100 (CET)

> CMakeList.txt does say: “
> # For a dynamic library, use
> #
> #   cmake -E chdir build cmake -D BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=true ..
> #
>

> but the way I use Cmake is "mkdir build && cd build && ccmake ..".
> And then ccmake shows all available options.  In case of
> BUILD_SHARED_LIBS it does not show anything.
>
> Please tweak the build system, so that creating shared libraries is
> trivial using ccmake.

cmake stuff is contributed – I don't use it.  We have already some bug
reports regarding cmake support (with patches), see

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?54846
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?55235
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?55378

I haven't had the time yet (and, admittedly, the interest) to invest
some work...

Any volunteer?