Re: [ft-devel] I would draft some documents to build SVG Native Viewer..

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] I would draft some documents to build SVG Native Viewer...
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 20:05:45 +0500

Dear Toshiya,
The current status of my document is like this:
https://github.com/mpsuzuki/svg-native-viewer/blob/cairo-cpp11/README.md

Thank you very much Toshiya, most of the steps are exactly what I have tried yesterday. I just need to change the branch to chrome/m70. I'll try it and see how it goes. I'll also see if I can refine the document anytime soon! :)

Also, maybe by some accident, Skia backend is forcibly disabled
if the platform detected by cmake is not Apple. I tweaked these
issues by this changeset.
https://github.com/mpsuzuki/svg-native-viewer/commit/76cda7dc39a4326f829580b860a854ad23b80b75

Yea, quite right. I made almost 90% of exactly the same changes to make it almost work (still the branch needs to be set to m70).

However, it is not sufficiently flexible. I hardwired the location
of libskia.

I think, it's good for now. Once we get it running and decide to use it in our project, we will refine it.

What's the status of your Cairo based rendering port? Is it as complete as the Skia based rendering port? If both are complete, which one would you prefer to be set as the default one for use with FreeType? and why?

Regards,
Moazin