[ft-devel] before posting the name of yet another SVG rendering software

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: [ft-devel] before posting the name of yet another SVG rendering software...
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 21:46:33 +0900

Dear kind people giving the information on yet another SVG rendering software,

I'm sorry for that I ask for more detailed introduction, because I'm unsure
whether you're just trying to complete a list of SVG rendering softwares
(or softwares which has its own SVG renderer), or, you (strongly) recommend
it to use the default, or builtin SVG renderer of FreeType. Please clarify
whether you have the infos on, or don't have:

* where we can reach the latest source code under development?

* how about the SVG features covered by the software?
(I mean, the features of SVG-OT is narrower than SVG, but some
people introduced SVG renderer whose feature is smaller than SVG Native)

* the part of SVG rendering is well separated, packaged and distributed?

* the APIs of SVG rendering are well stabilized?

It's not problem at all to post an info quoting a software name with
answers "dunno, dunno, dunno, dunno". You can leave them with other
kind people. But there would be a possibility that FreeType maintainers
& GSoC students cannot have sufficient time to investigate, and give
up to evaluate it,  aslike "apt-cache search libblahblahblah does not
return anything", "the source tree does not have configure script", etc.

Regards,
mpsuzuki